Monday, July 5, 2010

Chapter 5, Part 1

A/N: I couldn’t fit this into one single chapter.

June 30, 2010--a day before the free agency starts

The next morning, Gabby got up as she saw her beau lying on the bed, sleeping with his forearm over his eyes before turning over and seeing Gabby as he woke up and smiled at her. "Good morning, baby."

"Good morning, sweetie," Marty whispered as he kissed her lightly on the lips.

"We better get up so we can join them for breakfast." Gabby got up before Marty took her hand as he leaned over and kissed Gabby on the lips. Gabby smiled as she got out of bed, grabbing her clothes out her suitcase along with her makeup bag as she went into the bathroom and shut the door. She put her stuff down on a table near the toilet as she looked at the mirror and smiled. Being with Marty made her smile and she knew that he was the one. Nothing was going to tear them apart.

Gabby got undressed as she adjusted the water and went under the shower enjoying the water shooting down her back. She washed up as she turned the water off and walked out of the shower as she grabbed a towel and rubbed her body as she got dressed and went out of the bathroom seeing Marty grabbing his clothes and toilery bag.

Marty looked up and saw his beautiful girlfriend, smiling at him. "You look beautiful baby."

Gabby blushed as she went over and hugged him before planting a kiss on his lips. "Thanks. Now go get dressed."

Marty winked as he walked into the bathroom with his stuff and got dressed. A few minutes later, Marty got dressed and went out of the bathroom seeing Gabby.

"You look so handsome, honey," Gabby whispered, kissing Marty on the lips.

Marty grinned as they walked out of their own little place and back into the house as they saw Gino and Alma, resting on the couch reading the paper and watching the early morning news before Gino switched to TSN. "Good morning, Mom, Dad."

"Good morning, Marty," Gino answered. "How did you two sleep last night?"

"We slept great, Dad," Marty replied as he looked at the news. "Anything good on tv."

"Not really but I decided to watch TSN to see if any news came up."

"Anything?"

"No huge signings today."

"I don't believe there will be many signings today since the free agency doesn't start until tomorrow. I hope not." Marty sat down on the lover seat as Gabby sat besides him and rubbed his back.

"Oh I thought today was the day of free agency," Gino replied, glancing over at his son.

"No, not until tomorrow but my agent is keeping me updated with texts if any team decides to give me a contract."

"Is your agent supposed to call you if he hears any good offers?" Gabby asked as she saw the worried look on Marty's face.

"Yeah, that's why I have my iPhone with me," Marty answered as he showed Gabby his iPhone before setting it on his lap. "I am wondering if anyone will give me a chance and let me show them what I can do. Gabby, I don't want to be out there in September with no team."

"Sweetie," Gabby whispered, scooting closer to him, "someone will sign you, baby. You are an amazing goalie and wherever you go, I go with you. So don't forget that."

"I won't, Gabby. I promise."

"I know you won't, baby," Gabby said.

Marty kept wondering if someone was going to call him and sign him on. Will any team sign him? Or is he going to be stuck as a free agent goalie until the season starts? He doesn't know. Tomorrow will be a day when he knows what team will sign him or not. He wants it to be postive than negative. He had another day to rest and to think about the free agency.

"Marty," Gino replied.

"Yeah, Dad, I am here."

"Okay."

A few minutes later, everyone got ready for their day to adventure around the city as Marty's mind was still stuck on the free agency tomorrow. Why did this have to happen to him? He wanted to stay in Dallas and not move to another city. The day has gone on as Marty's mind has not been with everyone else. Before he knew it, he was heading back to bed with Gabby as he was like a zombie today.

"Marty, baby," Gabby said.

"Yeah," Marty replied.

"You going to make it?"

"Yeah I will."

Gabby and Marty laid there in bed cuddled to one another waiting for sleep to take over their exhausted bodies, knowing they have a long day ahead of them, tomorrow. Marty wanting to know if he is signed with a team or not.

****

July 1, 2010--Day of Free agency

Next Morning, Marty got up as he checked his iPhone for any messages and saw nothing. He looked over and saw Gabby not there. He went into the living room as he saw Gabby sitting on the couch with his parents and walked over sitting down.

"Hey, Marty, there is no signing out," Gino said.

"I know. No call from my agent yet." Marty felt his iPhone buzz as he saw messages from his agent. He opened the chat room up and send a message. Hey, Kurt. What is going on?

Kurt Overhardt: Marty, you got two offers. One from San Jose and the other from Philly. I am not sure how big they are but I will let you know more okay.

Marty: Okay. Marty went out the chat room as he didn't believe. He got two offers from two teams: Philly and Chicago

"Marty," Gabby replied.

"Yeah."

"What happened?"

"I got an offer from two teams: Chicago and Philly."

"What?" Gino asked, overhearing the conversation. "Are you going to take it."

"Not yet. We need to know if the deals are stable or not."

"Oh. At least there are some teams who want you."

"I know." Marty couldn't believe it he had two teams who wanted him on their team. He didn't know what teams to pick. What team was it going to be?

1 comment:

  1. Cliff hangers are so fun!!! LOL Loved this chapter :)

    And I wonder too where Turco will end up?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete